Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Crafty Day

A few months ago I posted about a "stamp camp" I hosted for my mother in law, aunt in law, and their lovely friends. We all had such a good time that we decided to make it a quarterly occurrence.

We had an afternoon filled with yummy food, laughter, and stamping! We talked about marriage, jobs, and life in general. I am amazed at the outlook these ladies have on life. They help remind me that even when my circumstances are not the greatest, that I can still choose to look for God's blessings. These ladies are always so thankful when we get together, but the truth is it does me a world of good as well.

Alright on to the crafting!

Something I wanted to show these lovely ladies this time around was that they could use a card layout with just about any stamp set they own. I used the layout from a previous post and used it to come up with two cards.

Here is the original card I made using the layout in question:

{See original post HERE}


Unfortunately the picture doesn't do it justice, but I love that pop of color behind the stamped image!

Here is my first card using the same layout:


First off, like some of my other cards, I feel like the picture doesn't do it justice. Anyone have any good tips for taking pictures of your cards, because I can't seem to get it right. I love this card, it makes me think of my niece who love all things super girly. The last time I took her to the movie she was adamant that she had to bring her purse with her; she's 6. 

Supplies
Stamp Set: My Favorite Things Magical Unicorn set by Birdie Brown
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers (various), White Gel Pen, Distress Oxide Ink in Abandoned Coral
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest, and scraps of patterned paper from my stash
Accessories: 3M Foam Mounting Tape


The second card using the same layout:

I love how the layout worked with this card. It just feels like this little guy is exploring space. It makes me think of the movie The Martian with Matt Damon. 

Supplies
Stamp Set: My Favorite Things Space Explorer set by Birdie Brown
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers (various), White Gel Pen, White Pigment Ink, Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers, White Gouache
Paper: Black Card Stock , and scraps of patterned paper from my stash
Accessories: 3M Foam Mounting Tape

I wanted my last couple of cards to be simple.


When I first saw this set by Avery Elle, I knew I HAD TO HAVE IT! I love puns so I know that this Lava You set was going to be a part of my collection. Anyone else picked this one up?

Supplies
Stamp Set: Avery Elle Lava You
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Oxide Ink in Vintage Photo, Distress Oxide Ink in Candied Apple
Paper: Neenah Desert Storm Card Stockand a piece of patterned paper by Doodlebug

Last but not least....


I knew I wanted to do a purple card because a few of the wonderful ladies I was crafting with love this color. This was a pretty easy card to do. The hardest thing by far was the embossing. The front panel is a piece of watercolor resist scrapbook paper I picked up at Michael's a couple of months ago, but you could easily recreate with any of your favorite background stamps and some clear or white embossing powder!

Supplies
Stamp Set: Impression Obsession Thoughts
Inks: Distress Ink in Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves, and Dusty Concord
Paper: Stampin' Up! Perfect Plum Card Stock and Patterned Resist Watercolor Paper from Michael's
Accessories: 3M Foam Mounting Tape, Copper Embossing Powder


Thank you all for stopping by. Until next time, keep on crafting!


0 comments:

Post a Comment