Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A month without posts

Yes I failed! I had more than a month without any posts and quite frankly I do not have any type of excuse other than procrastination and alcohol.

Lately the hubby and I have been playing as many board games as possible with friends. While I have always loved playing board games I blame Wil Wheaton for this renewed obsession. Back in May I posted about a game (Ticket to Ride)I saw on Wil Wheaton's YouTube show TableTop.

I posted on Facebook my interest in this game and the hubby and I rekindled some old friendships. I can say that spending Saturday nights playing board and card games with friends has been amazing. I have played some fantastic games and had some great times.

Thanks to Wil Wheaton and our friends Steve and Genie (who by the way makes a mean cupcake) I have found out that there is fun to be had beyond Monopoly. Don't get me wrong Monopoly will always have a place in my heart, but as my brother says the games are long and eventually someone tosses the game board over in anger.

Most of the games I play now play in a short(ish) amount of time and some are even cooperative. I thought I would share some of the games I have played and/or bought. Mind you I am sure anyone who is an avid gamer probably already knows all about these games, but for those who are like me here goes:

Bang!

Saboteur

Zombicide


Board Game Geek is a great resource if you want more information on some of these games.

Needless to say in the last couple of months I have purchased many games. I will post more of my favorites as time permits, but until then VIVA Gaming!


-Mercedes



0 comments:

Post a Comment