Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, October 31, 2017

MFT Color Challenge #80

So I have been away, doing stuff, per usual. I have been crafting, just not posting. I thought I would post my entry into MFT's Color Challenge #80. This challenge inspired not just my entry but a Christmas card for a dear family friend. So here we go!





Last week there was a night where I could not sleep. You know where the harder you try to sleep the more frustrated you become? Yeah, like that. Anyway, since I couldn't sleep I was checking out MFT's Card Challenge site and noticed the color combo for this challenge. Very cute colors, but a little out of my norm. I was banging my dead trying to think what I wanted to do with them. My first flash of inspiration came not for what MFT card I would make, but the for a Christmas card for a family friend. I recently purchased Darcie's Stamps Happy Holla Days because I knew our family friend would LOVE Hipster Santa! I mean look, isn't he too cute for words?


So I got to work and made this card here. Please excuse my tilted pictures, I could not find my tripod and decided to free hand it. Yup that did not work. By the end of picture time I was frustrated and said to heck with it. 

I used one of my old There She Goes stamps sets for the background. I can't remember the name of it, but it's this one below: 

Anyway I used this set as the background and put dear Hipster Santa in the foreground. It's kind of hard to tell but I stamped the card base with MFT's Whimsical Woodgrain Background and layered some So Safron from my stash. I swear it looks cuter in person!

On to my submission for the MFT Color Challenge....

Again, I had camera/tripod issues so the colors are not coming out a vibrant as they are on the card. Just looking at the picture irks me.. I swear I when I get my tripod back I will update with a new photo!!



Alright, I know it wasn't much of an update or post, but I've been busy, busy, busy. 

Keep on Craftin'!



1 comments:

  1. Super sweet card with the bear! Great take on the color challenge.

    ReplyDelete