Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Monday, March 25, 2013

Diet Friendly Pizza Rolls

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Pintrest. Pintrest is a wonderful site that lets you set up boards to organize your favorite stuff, whatever it may be. I have used Pintrest in the past to get ideas for craft projects and to find new recipes.

The hubby has been craving pizza like crazy for the last week. I know that with weight watchers we can have a slice or two, but they have a lot of fat. I was about to break down and pick up pizza when inspiration hit. I had previously saved a pizza roll recipe on one of Pintrest boards. I brought that bad boy up, adjusted it for my tastes and the result was delicious and diet friendly.

The original recipe is from Plain Chicken. Now there was nothing wrong with Steph's recipe. In fact I am sure her's is marvelous, but it didn't provide me the super important weight watchers numbers I needed and I love Hormel's Turkey Pepperoni Minis! Steph's original post can be found here: Crescent Pepperoni Roll-Ups.


{Image Source: Plain Chicken}


{Image Source: Plain Chicken}


Before I share the recipe I have bad news. The hubby and I were pretty hungry when I made them so unfortunately pictures were not taken. I assure you that they were yummy, since the hubby ate all his up and refused to share with his friends!


Pizza Crescents

Makes 8

Old WW Points: 3 (Per 1 Roll)
WW Points Plus: 4 (Per 1 Roll)

Pizza Crescents: 123.75 Calories / 5.5 g Fat / 0 g Fiber / 6.13 g Protein / 15 g Carbohydrates

Pizza Sauce:  30 Calories / 1 g Fat / 1 g Fiber / 1 g Protein / 4 g Carbohydrates

Ingredients:
1 tube low fat crescent rolls (I used Pillsbury)
1 ounce Hormel Turkey Pepperoni Minis
4 low fat string cheese (I used Weight Watchers brand)

Optional:
1/4 Cup Pizza sauce for dipping

Directions:

Cut string cheese in half so you have 8 equal pieces. Roll out crescents and evenly distribute 1 hunk of cheese and pepperoni between all 8 crescents. Roll them up gently and pinch the ends so the cheese doesn't escape (it should be a cheese prison). Place on an cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes (I found that 12 minutes was PERFECT for my oven).

While the crescents are in the oven, put a 1/4 cup of pizza sauce in a microwave friendly container and heat for 30 seconds in your microwave.

Once the crescents are done, let them cool for 1-2 minutes so you don't burn the roof of your mouth. I highly suggest serving a couple of these with a big green salad like we did. It's yummy and definitely hits the spot if you are craving pizza!

Hope you enjoy (I promise to take pictures net time),




0 comments:

Post a Comment