Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, August 23, 2018

Obsessed with Distress Oxides

Hello Divas! Welcome to my little corner of the world. I'm here today participating in Craftin Desert Divas Obsessed with Distress Oxides Designer Creative Challenge.

I'm sure I can't be the only one who is utterly OBSESSED with Distress Oxide Inks? I mean seriously they go on so easily, especially if you're using watercolor paper or bristol smooth paper. I love how they react to water and recently I've enjoyed the look of Dr. Ph. Martin's Iridescent Silver sprinkled over the top.

For today's project I decided to use my favorite color combo for Distress Oxide Inks Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, and Worn Lipstick; I feel it looks like a romantic sunset.



I pulled out some Strathmore Bristol Smooth cut to 4" x 5.25" and started by blending Antique Linen on the bottom third of the panel (vertically). I next started blending tattered rose on the next third of the panel, taking care to blend between the Antique Linen and Tattered Rose, and then moved on to blending some Worn Lipstick on the top portion of my panel. I splattered my beloved Dr. Ph. Martin's Iridescent Silver and set my panel aside to dry. I pulled out my Puffy Cloud Die and cut a few out for the background and then colored the My Tweetheart Digi Stamp and accented with some white gel pen.

I mounted my panel onto a card base made of Neenah Solar White 110lb. paper. I glued down my clouds and added some of Craftin Desert Divas Sweetness Sequins mix. I finished off my card by popping my image onto an action wobble, using some Wink of Stella on my clouds, and adding my punny sentiment.


Supplies:
StampsMy Tweetheart Digi Stamp
Paper: Strathmore Bristol Smooth, Neenah Soloar White 110lb.,
Ink: Distress Oxide Ink: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
Accessories: Puffy Cloud Die, Sweetness Sequins, Wink of Stella


I love how this card turned out and it was so much fun to make! It's your turn now, go forth and play with Distress Oxides. If you're already a fan leave a comment with your favorite color combo!

Until next time, keep on crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment