Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Kickin' It

I think one of the reasons I am so drawn to My Favorite Things Stamps is their use of puns. I admit it, I'm a punny gal! Who doesn't love a good chuckle? And let's face it their stamps are FREAKING ADORABLE; I feel like Agnes from Despicable Me. IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!




So this past weekend, between hair cuts, movies, cooking, and guests, I found time to work on a card that I have been wanting to make; I was inspired by Laura Bassen and Amy Rysavy.

Anyway I decided to use MFT Stamps Ninja-mazing stamp and die sets for my slider card.


I stamped my images on Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper with Archival Black Ink and my Mini MISTI. As a side note can we talk about how much easier the MISTI makes life for stampers? I can't tell you how many times I would have to start over on a project because I could not get a clear image stamped. Anyways... 


I used my Zig Clean Color markers, along with my Pentel Aquash Waterbrush to color my images. Again, how cute are these stamps? 


I used my Cuttlebug and the matching dies to cut these out. I have to say I was pretty pleased with my results (except for that throwing star). 



And of course in usual Mercedes fashion, I forgot to take pictures of the other stuff I die cut. I used Lawn Fawn's Grassy Boarder Die, Impression Obsession's Cloud Dies, and a lovely set of really inexpensive round stitched dies (like $6). I have to say I was hesitant to buy the circle dies, but ended up being pleasantly surprised by them. 


I then missed taking pictures of all the important steps, you know like where I used my Exacto Knife to cut out the slider area on the back piece of grass. 

I used a piece of pattern paper for the back drop and some green textured paper for the grass. I laid out my scene and then added a piece of acetate to the back of my Ninja so he would be above the grass. 


My finished card with the slider still inside. 


My slider card with the slider pulled out. 


And last but not least, I used my remaining pieces to make a cute little scene on the inside of the card along with the sentiment Let's kick it soon (told you I love the puns). 

I promise next time I will do my best to remember to take pictures of all the steps. 

Now go forth and craft!
















2 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Love how you post step by step photos on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! I snuck over to your blog and saw all your darling cards! Can't wait to see what you do next.

      Delete