Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Friday, November 10, 2017

Quick Candy Holders

I have spent most of this week prepping a "stamp camp" for my wonderful Mother in Law, my fantastic Aunt in Law and their friends. I am helping them with Christmas cards, which I will be sharing once this weekend is over. In the mean time I have two super quick candy holders I made for friends to share with you!


My first project is a little box made from a sheet of my Fancy Pants Designs,  Etcetera Collection - 6 x 6 Paper Pad. I stamped out the little pig from MFT's Whole Herd stamp set onto some Strathmore Bristol Smooth and colored it in using my Spectrum Noir pens and my white gel pen. I fussy cut the little oinker and used my ATG gun to glue him to the front of my box. I filled the box with Hershey's kisses, closed it up then stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth and outlined it in a color that matched my paper. I finished it off with some hemp twine and some old Stampin' Up! lacey ribbon I had hanging around.

I found the instructions for the box at Pootles Blog HERE





My second candy holder is an old school "Sour Cream Container". I know it's called that because they used to do smaller sour cream portions in little pouches that had the same shape. As for me I remember the shape from Minute Made Juice Bars.. You know these ones: 


Anyway, these are super easy to make and can be dressed up in just about any theme! You can find directions on how to make them HERE.

I used some cute Hibiscus patterned paper I had hanging around and cut it to 5.5 x 4.25 inches. I filled the container with salt water taffy and then got to work on embellishments. I stamped out my favorite chameleon and that cute Hibiscus flower from BB Polynesian Paradise - MFT Stamps onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers. I then took some Stampin' Up! twill ribbon and made a bow to add at the top. Honestly it took more time to color the chameleon than to put the whole thing together! 


Until next time Keep on Crating

0 comments:

Post a Comment