Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Monday, July 24, 2017

Stranger Crafting

Today's post doesn't really have a lot of stamping involved, but there was a lot of crafting going on. This week is my husband's birthday and I had been procrastinating on his birthday card. I was struggling with what theme I would use and what I would do with it. The hubby and I are NERDS, as in married on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise NERDS; I have made him Star Trek cards, Zombie cards, and Star Wars cards. The hubby has a lot of interest, which you think would make it easy to pick something. I was really starting to get anxious that inspiration would never hit.

THEN BAM! 
Please note there may be minor SPOILERS ahead so proceed at your own risk.

Photo Credit: {Netflix}
As with all things in life, the hubby and I were late to the Stranger Things fandom, but we've dived right in.  

The hubby has also recently taken a shine to breaking out the old VHS player and watching movies on VHS; he's nostalgic. I decided to make him a Stranger Things card in a box using an adorable set of Stranger Things clip art I purchased on Etsy.  Now if you have never seen what a card in a box looks like, they are a pop up card that is meant to fold down flat to fit into an envelope. One side of the box stays up while the other three sides are bent down. Like this:

Photo Credit: {Splitcoaststampers.com}


I had this idea in my head that I wanted the outside and back of the box to look a little like Joyce Byers' living room. So, remember earlier when I said that there wasn't a lot of stamping, the only thing I stamped was both the inside and outside of the card in a box with a wood grain background. I then did some Google searching for something akin to her wallpaper and those lights. You know the ones I am talking about.

Photo Credit: {Netflix}
I also wanted the three flaps that are bent down to represent The Upside Down.

Photo Credit: {Netflix}


This is what I came up with after some light stamping, printing, fussy cutting, and gluing. 




I have to say that I loved the way it turned out, but I felt like doing just a Stranger Things card was not enough. I decided I wanted to do a snack pack with some of the hubby's favorite goodies. Since I was already doing the Stranger Things theme, I figured I would use an old/empty VHS case. I did some more Googling and found a couple of VHS covers, printed, and trimmed them to size. It wasn't until I was loading my pictures though that I noticed a LARGE typo on the back of the insert. Overall though it is adorable. I love the idea of giving small gifts or snacks in unusual containers. 









That's all I have for today. Next week we'll be back to stamping! 














0 comments:

Post a Comment