Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Monday, August 21, 2017

Mistakes

The hubby and I recently babysat our niece and nephew over night. Once we put the kids to bed, I pulled out my iPad to continue my Clean and Simple Card Making Class by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner. My niece couldn't sleep so I let her snuggle next to me while I was watching one of the videos. My niece was absolutely adorable; she had several questions about card making. In the end, I got her to finally go to bed by promising to make her a card with a rainbow. 

I sat down this weekend to work on her card and struggled quite a bit. I'm not sure about any of you, but there seem to be days when I am crafting and nothing seems to work out right. My ink smeared, I grabbed the wrong ink for the medium I was working with, and on and on the list went. I was frustrated but determined to make the best of a bad situation. In the end I was able to make something that I think is rather charming and magical. I'm hoping my niece will love it as much as I do. 

I started by smooshing (this is a real word, I swear) some Memento Ink  onto a clear acrylic block.


(Colors: Lady Bug, Tangelo, Dandelion, Pear Tart, Bahama Blue, and Lilac Posies)

I brushed on a thin layer of water and started to paint on each of the colors to achieve a rainbow background. 

I loaded up my "Palette" again and started to watercolor my Magical Unicorn images by MFT Stamps. 

While I has some issues on the rainbow, I loved the way the rest of the images came out. 




 (See I told you that rainbow game me problems)

I then took that rainbow background I and ran it through my Cuttlebug using Darice's Cloud Background Embossing Folder.



I cut down my background to 4 x 5.5 and then stapled my sentiment using  Tim Holtz's Tiny Attacher. I next affixed it to the front of So Saffron Card Base. I die cut out my images, stamped my sentiment onto Neenah Solar White, and put it all together. I felt like it still needed a little something so I added some iridescent sequins that I added some Ranger Stickles. 

So here it is my final project... 

Until next time!




0 comments:

Post a Comment