Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Friday, October 6, 2017

Spook-tacular Cards and Podcasts

I know you are probably tired of hearing about it by now, but it was yet again another frantic week. Now before you roll your eyes and say Mercedes, isn't that always your excuse? And while it often is, this week it is for a fantastic reason; I recorded my very first podcast! I have to tell you I was terrified when I sat down to record with Billiam of SomewhatNerdy.com, Big D, and A.J., but after a few minutes with the group I was totally at ease. The podcast is going to be the Greatest Of All Time List, or the GOAT List. This podcast is going to be a bi-weekly podcast where myself and my fellow pod casters sit and talk about why a particular movie is the Greatest Of All Time... Except the movie isn't the greatest, not even close. We'll discuss all the cheesy goodness in our favorite B List Movies and then talk about why we love it and why it made our list. The first episode won't be up for a week or so, but when it is I will post a link for those of you who are interested in listening.




Now on to what you really came here for... The cards! I'm back again, with another Halloween card combo. This week I decided to use the same stamp sets and basic design idea to make two different cards.

Stamp Sets Used: BOO - by Waffle Flower Crafts, Fab-BOO-lous Friends by My Favorite Things
Paper: Canson Watercolor Paper, Stampin' Up! Basic Grey, Lawn Fawn Polka in the Dark
Ink: Archival Black, Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors, Oxide Distress Inks (Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, and Iced Spruce), VersaMark, Spectrum Noir Glitter Marker, and Sakura White Gelly Roll
Accessories: Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box card pop-up dies, Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud border die, Die-namics Stitched Sentiment Strips, Die-namics Stitched Circle Stax, Detail White Embossing Powder, and Neat & Tangled Like Magic Sequins


These two cards all started with the idea that I wanted to use my Distress Oxide Inks to creat a spooky twilight (time of night, not the movie) background and see if it would work in different sizes.

I started by blending my inks lightest to darkest on my watercolor paper (sizes: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and 3 1/4" x 2 1/4"). My smaller piece was run through my Cuttlebug with one of the panel dies from my Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box card pop-up dies and the larger piece was left as is. I now had two almost identical backgrounds in two different sizes. I then stamped, watercolored, and fussy cut out my images from the Boo Stamp Set. I set everything aside and ran the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box card pop-up dies through my Cuttlebug with Stampin' Up! Basic Grey cardstock; then I got to work assembling my pop up box card.

Once I put my box card together I embellished with some Neat & Tangles Like Magic sequins, embossed the sentiment from Fab-BOO-lous Friends by My Favorite Things and voilĂ . I love the way the box card came out and am popping it in the mail this week to a really great friend.

As a side note, I bought a new light box to test out since I wasn't happy with my pictures. These are a little better, but I am still figuring it out so please be patient with me! 






If you remember from like a paragraph ago that I wanted to use the same background, just in two different sizes, so my second panel was attached to a card base and I built up from there. They layout is almost identical except the position of the ghosts. I embossed my greeting using a sentiment from Fab-BOO-lous Friends by My Favorite Things. 




I don't normally do "Halloween" cards, but I have just loved the sets that have been coming out so I have had to change my stance. What about you all? Do you make Halloween cards or do you use your Halloween stamps for something else? Let me know!

Overall I have to say that my little experiment worked out and I love, love, love how these cards make me feel like Halloween is here. 

That's all I have for now. If you're at all interested in know when the podcast gets published leave a comment!

Until next time Keep on Craftin'












0 comments:

Post a Comment