Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, October 12, 2017

Whale, hello there...

Good morning! Did you all craft your hearts out this weekend for World Card Making Day? If you did, I am jealous. I 100% spaced it. I made other plans that day not remembering what it was. I was curious as to why my Facebook feed was filled with extra cards made by lovely people in groups I follow. Then it hit me.... BAM! How can I not be crafting on World Card Making Day? Don't get me wrong I got to spend time with my family, but I am still kicking myself.

I did eventually get around to making a couple of cards to share.

I love this card because it was super quick and easy. The only bummer is that I did not use my MISTI or Tim Holtz Platform and ended up with a little uneven coverage. She's still a beauty!

Stamps: Whale Wishes Mini Stamp Set
Inks: Memento Paris Dusk, Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper: Kraft Cardstock, Neenah Crest Solar White (80#), Patterned paper of unknown origin (makes it sound mystical, no?)
Accessories: Red Grosgrain Ribbon,  Whale Wishes die




 My second card I made took a bit longer than I anticipated. The first one I made did not turn out the way I wanted it to. I felt like something was missing. This is when I decided to stamp several images in Distress Oxide Ink (Worn Lipstick) and put a piece of vellum over that. That pulled it together for me.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn Baked With Love
Inks: Archival Black, Distress Oxide Ink (Worn Lipstick), Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens
Paper: Kraft Cardstock, We R Memory Keepers Clearly Bold Acetate, Vellum, Bristol Smooth
Accessories: Die-namics Stitched Square STAX, Lawn Fawn Baked With Love dies




I would love to see what you all worked on for World Card Making Day. If you are willing to share, leave a link in the comment section!

Until next time, Keep on Craftin'!



0 comments:

Post a Comment