Copyright © My Little Corner of the World
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, July 19, 2018

Let's Get Coloring

Hey guys welcome to my little corner of the world! Today I am participating in Craftin Desert Divas Let's Get Coloring Designer Creative Challenge.

Before I get to the challenge can we chat? Look I'm not trying to be dramatic, regardless of what my hubby says about me, but I thought I would warn you that today's card is inspired by true events. You know like in the movies.


I spent my weekend sick with what has to be the WORST summer cold EVER. Okay maybe I can be a little dramatic, but my cold inspired my card!

I spent a lit of time thinking about my go to items for adding color to my Digi Images. I'm a fan of most mediums, but today I grabbed for some of my alcohol markers. I think part of the reason I like alcohol markers so much is they make me look like more of an artist than I really am. You don't have to be an expert in using alcohol markers to give your images a little bit of depth. If you're just starting out two markers in the same color family can go a long way.  So that's what I did today; I grabbed two of each color in each of the color families I was using. I grabbed my Spectrum Noir markers and colored in my images and since I was using two colors per color family it took about 15 minutes to color in. I set my images aside and pulled out my Polygon Stencil from Craftin Desert Divas and got to work on my background. I tapped on some Distress Oxide Ink in Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Fired Brick. For good measure I used some of the Fired Brick with water and flicked over the front of my panel.

I layered my panel on some black cardstock, added that to my Lawn Fawn Chili Pepper card base, I glued the volcano and palm tree down flat to my card front. I then popped up the stegosaurus with some foam tape and finished it all off by adding some Lollipop Sequins and my cold medicine inspired sentiment.



 Products Used:
Stamps: Craftin Desert Divas Dino Stegosaurus Digital Stamp Set, Dino Triceratops Digital Stamp Set, and the Dino Tyrannosaurus Digital Stamp Set.
Paper: Lawn Fawn Chili Pepper Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Strathmore Bristol Smooth, and Neenah Classic Crest 80lb
Ink: White Gel Pen, Distress Oxide Ink in Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Fired Brick 
Accessories: Creftin Desert Divas Polygon Stencil and Lollipop Sequins.

I hope you enjoyed my addition to the Challenge. Now it's your turn to play along and post some of your art in the Craftin Desert Divas Gallery. If you're looking for some great Digi Stamps, don't forget you can sign up for Craftin Desert Divas Digi Stamp Club. For $7.00 a month you get $14.00 worth of Digi Credits.

Until next time, keep on crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment